Check Our Content Info...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Because of a traumatic blow to her head Christine Lucas (Nicole Kidman) wakes up with no memory of the day before. Both her husband (Colin Firth) and her Doctor (Mark Stron) claim they are trying to help -- but to figure out who tried to kill her she must put the pieces of the mystery together before she goes to sleep.
Why Is Before I Go To Sleep Rated R?
Before I Go To Sleep is rated R for some brutal violence and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Before I Go To Sleep...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of brutal hand-to-hand and weapons violence in a domestic context, with some blood and detail.
- Violent acts shown with realistic detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with no nudity or detail.
- Infrequent buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Before I Go To Sleep.
50 First Dates is a much more light-hearted depiction of a character with a similar memory problem. Another woman’s recollection of reality is questioned in The Forgotten. And the day plays over and over again in the sci-fi Edge of Tomorrow and the comedy Groundhog Day.