Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
People can't change their circumstances, only how they deal with them. So when Adam (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) learns he has cancer, he tries to find a way to cope with the news of his 50/50 chance of survival.
Why Is 50/50 Rated R?
50/50 is rated R for language throughout, sexual content and some drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in 50/50...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Brief portrayal of sexual simulated activity (no nudity, but some detail shown).
- Implied sexual activity
- Frequent crude sexual references and infrequent use of vulgar language.
- References to crude bodily functions in a context of serious illness.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, often in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and mild cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Marijuana use (in a medicinal context).
- Substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to 50/50.
Two men, who have been given a terminal diagnosis, decide to use their remaining time to do the things on their Bucket List—a set of goals they hope to achieve before they kick the bucket. In Shadowlands, a confirmed bachelor finds his heart turned up side down when a woman he thought was just a friend develops cancer. Another man who has been given this devastating news decides to document his story in My Life.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of 50/50...
50/50 releases to home video on January 24, 2012.