50/50 Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is 50/50 rated R? 50/50 is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout, sexual content and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Brief portrayal of sexual simulated activity (no nudity, but some detail shown).
- Implied sexual activity
- Frequent crude sexual references and infrequent use of vulgar language.
- References to crude bodily functions in a context of serious illness.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, often in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and mild cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Marijuana use (in a medicinal context).
- Substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for 50/50 after the break...
News About "50/50"
Cast and Crew
50/50 is directed by Jonathan Levine and stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick .
The most recent home video release of 50/50 movie is January 24, 2012. Here are some details…
50/50 releases to home video on January 24, 2012.
Related home video titles:
Two men, who have been given a terminal diagnosis, decide to use their remaining time to do the things on their Bucket List—a set of goals they hope to achieve before they kick the bucket. In Shadowlands, a confirmed bachelor finds his heart turned up side down when a woman he thought was just a friend develops cancer. Another man who has been given this devastating news decides to document his story in My Life.