300: Rise of an Empire Parent Guide
I'll see your 300 and raise you a bloody battle.
300: Rise of an Empire
Rating & Content Info
Why is 300: Rise of an Empire rated R? 300: Rise of an Empire is rated R by the MPAA for strong sustained sequences of stylized bloody violence throughout, a sex scene, nudity and some language.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Explicit depictions of decapitation and dismemberment.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Pervasive portrayals of weapons use and hand-to-hand combat, with details, blood and dismemberment.
- Frequent portrayals of impalement, stabbing, fighting and explosion.
- Scene of sexual assault, with no nudity, but some detail.
- Frequent detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with some detail, and breast and buttock nudity.
- Two scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, in non-sexual contexts.
- Sexual violence.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "300: Rise of an Empire"
Learn more about the real historical figures featured in this tale here:
Cast and Crew
300: Rise of an Empire is directed by Noam Murro and stars Sullivan Stapleton, Rodrigo Santoro, Eva Green, Jack O'Connell.
The most recent home video release of 300: Rise of an Empire movie is June 24, 2014. Here are some details…
300: Rise of an Empire releases to home video on June 24, 2014.
Related home video titles:
This movie is a prequel to 300. The Persian king Xerxes is depicted very differently in One Night With The King—the biblical retelling of the story of Ester. Greek heroes also grace the screen in Jim Hensons The Story Teller/ Greek Myths, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.