Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
This prequel to the movie 300 features bloody battles on the sea when the Greeks, under the command of General Themistocles, pull together a group of soldiers to face the forces of a Persian army lead by Xerxes.
Why Is 300: Rise of an Empire Rated R?
300: Rise of an Empire is rated R for strong sustained sequences of stylized bloody violence throughout, a sex scene, nudity and some language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in 300: Rise of an Empire...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Explicit depictions of decapitation and dismemberment.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Pervasive portrayals of weapons use and hand-to-hand combat, with details, blood and dismemberment.
- Frequent portrayals of impalement, stabbing, fighting and explosion.
- Scene of sexual assault, with no nudity, but some detail.
- Frequent detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with some detail, and breast and buttock nudity.
- Two scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, in non-sexual contexts.
- Sexual violence.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Extra info about this movie
Learn more about the real historical figures featured in this tale here:
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to 300: Rise of an Empire.
This movie is a prequel to 300. The Persian king Xerxes is depicted very differently in One Night With The King—the biblical retelling of the story of Ester. Greek heroes also grace the screen in Jim Hensons The Story Teller/ Greek Myths, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of 300: Rise of an Empire...
300: Rise of an Empire releases to home video on June 24, 2014.