Wish Upon Parent Guide
Be careful what you wish for.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Wish Upon rated PG-13? Wish Upon is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for violent and disturbing images, thematic elements and language.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Mild sexual references.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Use of profanities.
- Limited use of slurs.
Page last updated October 10, 2017
News About "Wish Upon"
Wish Upon will not be opening in Canadian theaters -- but will release directly to Home Video on October 10, 2017.
And that ought to be a warning to theater goers in the US where the film will still be making its way onto a limited number of screens. Obviously, projections for the movie's success are cautious at best, and it is not worth the expense of opening the title in a larger global market.
Sporting a plot similar to the classic short story, The Monkey's Paw by WW Jacobs, the plot places a wish-granting object (in this case an Asian box) in the hands of an unhappy character (an angsty teen played by Joey King), who uses the magical power for selfish purposes. Eventually she learns that getting whatever she wants come with a high price tag-- a close friend or acquaintance must die. But that doesn't necessarily stop her from asking, nor does it mean she will be able to put things right again even if she uses her last wishes to try and change/fix the first ones.
Despite a promising premise, early reviews report a dismal execution of the script. So expect Wish Upon to make a short run in theaters, and a hurried exit to home video where viewers, hopefully as unsuspecting as the main protagonist, may decide to take their chances with this horror picture.
Cast and Crew
Wish Upon is directed by John R. Leonetti and stars Sherilyn Fenn, Joey King, Elisabeth Röhm.
The most recent home video release of Wish Upon movie is October 10, 2017. Here are some details…
October 10, 2017
Wish Upon release to home video on Blu-ray + DVD, with the following bonus features:
- Wish Upon Unrated Version (91 min.)
- Wish Upon Theatrical Version (90 min.)
- “I Wish: The Cast Share What They Would Wish” - Featurette
- “Attic Tour with Joey King” - Featurette
- “Directing Darkness: John Leonetti and Cast Talk About Developing a Horror Film” - Featurette
- “Motion Comics: Lu Mei’s Curse and Arthur Sands Reveal The Stories Behind The Previous Owners Of The Box” - Featurette