Prometheus Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Prometheus rated R? Prometheus is rated R by the MPAA for sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence, with gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, burning, mutilation, decapitation and explosion.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Frequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of medical procedures, with some blood and detail shown.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity.
- Infrequent mild sexual references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "Prometheus"
Cast and Crew
Prometheus is directed by Ridley Scott and stars Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Patrick Wilson, Idris Elba.
The most recent home video release of Prometheus movie is October 9, 2012. Here are some details…
Prometheus releases to home video on October 9, 2012.
Related home video titles:
Another crew sets out to explore the Red Planet in Mission to Mars. Jodie Foster plays a female scientist searching for extraterrestrial signals in Contact. The 2009 movie Star Trek introduces audiences to a young James T. Kirk and his future crewmembers, including Spock in this prequel to the Star Trek franchise.