The Family Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Family rated R? The Family is rated R by the MPAA for violence, language and brief sexuality.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with blood, some brutal detail, and corpses shown.
- Depictions of fighting, shooting, stabbing and beating.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity, with no nudity, but some detail.
- Mild sexual references.
- Infrequent sexual language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use (smoking).
- Substance abuse.
- Scene of drug use involving marijuana.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "The Family"
Cast and Crew
The Family is directed by Luc Besson and stars Robert De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones, Michelle Pfeiffer.
The most recent home video release of The Family movie is December 17, 2013. Here are some details…
The Family is releasing to home video on December 17, 2013.