Death Wish Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Death Wish rated R? Death Wish is rated R by the MPAA for strong bloody violence, and language throughoutViolence:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with much blood and detail.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Several scenes of non-graphic violence depicting physical assault, weapons use and injury.
- Explicit depictions of torture, with suffering, blood and detail.
- Graphic portrayals of brutality.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes
- Sexual violence.
- Buttocks nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Sexual violence.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references.
Approximately 85 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs
Page last updated June 4, 2018
News About "Death Wish"
You are going to wish you were dead instead of having this guy after you! Bruce Willis plays a doctor who practices vigilante justice on the side. The constant consequences of violent crime he sees at work, plus the senseless killing of his wife and daughter, are all the excuses this man need to go out and sanitize the streets himself.
From the Studio:
Dr. Paul Kersey (Bruce Willis) is a surgeon who only sees the aftermath of his city's violence as it's rushed into his ER -until his wife (Elisabeth Shue) and college-age daughter (Camila Morrone) are viciously attacked in their suburban home. With the police overloaded with crimes, Paul, burning for revenge, hunts for his family's assailants to deliver justice. As the anonymous slayings of criminals grabs the media's attention, the city wonders if this deadly avenger is a guardian angel...or a grim reaper. Fury and fate collide in the intense action-thriller Death Wish.
Cast and Crew
Death Wish is directed by Eli Roth and stars Elisabeth Shue, Bruce Willis, Vincent D'Onofrio.
The most recent home video release of Death Wish movie is June 5, 2018. Here are some details…
Death Wish releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following extras:
- Audio Commentary w/ Eli Roth & Roger Birnbaum
- Deleted scenes with optional commentary w/ Eli Roth & Roger Birnbaum
- Mancow Morning Show Extended Scenes
- Sway in the Morning Extended Scene
- Vengeance and Vision: Directing Death Wish
- Grindhouse Trailer