Dead Man Down Parent Guide
Dead Man Down
Rating & Content Info
Why is Dead Man Down rated R? Dead Man Down is rated R by the MPAA for violence, language throughout and a scene of sexuality.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of gun and hand-to-hand violence with blood and some detail.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, hanging, burning and explosion.
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity with buttock nudity and some detail.
- Nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use / smoking.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "Dead Man Down"
Cast and Crew
Dead Man Down is directed by Niels Arden Oplev and stars Colin Farrell, Noomi Rapace, Dominic Cooper, Terrence Howard.
The most recent home video release of Dead Man Down movie is July 9, 2013. Here are some details…
Dead Man Down releases to home video on July 9, 2013.
Related home video titles:
This movie is directed by Niels Arden Oplev, who got the attention of Hollywood when he worked on Män som hatar kvinnor (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo), which also features actress Noomi Rapace. His movie was then remade with an English-speaking cast starring Daniel Craig. The cast in this film can also be seen in these less-violent action movies: Total Recall (Colin Farrell), Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (Noomi Rapace), Captain America: The First Avenger (Dominic Cooper) and Red Tails (Terrence Howard).