Captain Fantastic Parent Guide
Can love be too smothering?
Rating & Content Info
Why is Captain Fantastic rated PG-13? Captain Fantastic is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for language and brief graphic nudity.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Three scenes depicting injury.
- Frequent and detailed references to suicide and mental illness.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons use in a animals hunting context, with blood and detail.
- Some grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Scene of nudity, depicting genitals, in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references in an educational context.
- Infrequent male frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 32 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "Captain Fantastic"
Cast and Crew
Captain Fantastic is directed by Matt Ross and stars Viggo Mortensen, George MacKay, Samantha Isler .
The most recent home video release of Captain Fantastic movie is October 25, 2016. Here are some details…
Captain Fantastic releases to home video (DVD or Blu-ray) on October 25, 2016.
Related home video titles:
Another father home schools his children (but in an urban environment) in Wish I Was Here.