If you were facing imitate death, how would you preserve your legacy? A brilliant scientist (Johnny Depp), with only weeks to live, decides to download his mind into a computer. By doing so his consciousness transcends both body and machine.
Why Is Transcendence Rated PG-13?
Transcendence is rated PG-13 for sci-fi action and violence, some bloody images, brief strong language and sensuality.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Transcendence...
Violence: Computers are rigged to blow up killing numerous people. Other characters are poisoned. A man shoots another character before committing suicide by turning the gun on himself. A character is punched, kicked and kidnapped. Characters shoot and destroy computer equipment. A man sustains bloody and life-threatening injuries after being beaten and robbed. Numerous characters are punched, kicked, shot at and fired upon with missile-like guns. Frequent bloody injuries are shown. Several characters die from their injuries.
Sexual Content: A married couple kisses on several occasions. They are also shown briefly engaging in sexual activity.
Language: The script includes a use of scatological slang and a handful of terms of deity.
Alcohol / Drug Use:Medical drugs are used to treat a patient. A woman drinks with dinner. A man drinks in a bar after being involved in an argument. Characters are injected with harmful substances or viruses.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Transcendence.
News & Views About Transcendence:
Transcendence Limps into 4th at Box OfficeCaptain America kept a grip on number one at the box office over the Easter long weekend, bringing the movie’s total gross to well over $200 million.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: PG
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Transcendence...
Home Video Notes: Transcendence
Release Date: 22 July 2014
Transcendence releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following bonus features:
- What is Transcendence? - The concept of “transcendence” is discussed by cast and filmmakers as we look inside the film’s exploration of Artificial Intelligence and the Singularity.
- Wally Pfister: A Singular Vision - Step inside the creative process of director Wally Pfister to see how he juggles the dazzling, technologically advanced visuals along with guiding the cast through their intense character arcs.
- Guarding the Threat - Join the debate on the benefits and dangers of “transcendence.”
- The Promise of A.I. - Learn about the amazing potential of A.I. from scientists and the filmmakers.
- Viral Videos - “It’s Me,” “Singularity” and “R.I.F.T.”