Superfly Parent Guide
A self-made man.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Superfly rated R? Superfly is rated R by the MPAA for violence and language throughout, strong sexuality, nudity, and drug content.
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief, visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, with blood and detail.
- Several depictions of physical assault, weapons and injury.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with breast nudity and detail.
- Frequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 320 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Frequent use of expletives, profanity and coarse language.
- Frequent use of vulgar expressions and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol use.
- Tobacco use.
- Substance abuse.
- Several scenes of drug use involving cocaine and/or marijuana (some in a trafficking context).
Page last updated June 14, 2018
More parents' guide for Superfly after the break...
News About "Superfly"
The 2018 movie Superfly is a remake of the 1972 Super Fly.
Cast and Crew
Superfly is directed by Director X and stars Trevor Jackson, Jason Mitchell, Lex Scott Davis.