The Revenant Parent Guide
Never mess with a man who's been mauled by a bear.
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Revenant rated R? The Revenant is rated R by the MPAA for strong frontier combat and violence including gory images, a sexual assault, language and brief nudity.
- Frequent explicit violence with blood and brutal detail.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing, dismemberment, mauling and/or burning;
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, some involving animals and some in the context of war and survival.
- Scene of sexual violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Three scenes of non-sexual nudity, depicting buttocks and genitalia.
- Portrayal of sexual assault with little detail.
- Limited embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references.
Approximately 42 instances of coarse language, including;
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of cursing, scatological slang, profanity, and ethno-cultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "The Revenant"
Cast and Crew
The Revenant is directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu and stars Tom Hardy, Leonardo DiCaprio, Domhnall Gleeson, Will Poulter.
The most recent home video release of The Revenant movie is April 19, 2016. Here are some details…
The Revenant release to home video on April 19, 2016.