Phantom Thread Parent Guide
An unassuming woman unravels the plans of a fashion designer.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Phantom Thread rated R? Phantom Thread is rated R by the MPAA for language.Violence:
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Mild sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 11 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of profanity.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated April 10, 2018
News About "Phantom Thread"
Phantom Thread releases in limited theaters on December 25, 2017. It expands its release on January 19, 2018.
From the Studio:
Set in the glamour of 1950's post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Lesley Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock's life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love.
Written by Focus Features
Cast and Crew
Phantom Thread is directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Vicky Krieps, Lesley Manville, Camilla Rutherford.
The most recent home video release of Phantom Thread movie is April 10, 2018. Here are some details…
Phantom Thread releases to home video (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) on April 10, 2018. Bonus features include:
- Camera Tests – With audio commentary by Paul Thomas Anderson
- Behind the Scenes Photographs – Photographs from the film by Michael Bauman with demo versions of Jonny Greenwood’s score
- For the Hungry Boy – A collection of deleted scenes. Music by Jonny Greenwood
- House of Woodcock Fashion Show – Fashion Show narrated by Adam Buxton