Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Mac and Kelly (Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne) are rudely awakened from their dreams of peaceful suburbia and a place to raise their baby, when a fraternity moves in next door. Soon Mac and his party-animal neighbor (Zac Efron) are taking their frustrations out on each other.
Why Is Neighbors Rated R?
Neighbors is rated R for pervasive language, strong crude and sexual content, graphic nudity, and drug use throughout.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Neighbors...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence in a comedic context, with a little blood and some detail shown.
- Embracing and kissing
- Sexual references, slurs and innuendo.
- Frequent use of detailed crude sexual language and references.
- Frequent portrayals of sexual activity, with buttock nudity and some detail.
- Infrequent breast, buttock, and male genital nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Crude content including frequent portrayals of bodily functions and breast nudity.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs.
-Infrequent use of ethno-cultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Pervasive portrayals of alcohol abuse and illegal drug use in a recreational context.
Extra info about this movie
Our Thoughts: Families should be aware that this movie contains plentiful course language and crude humor, as well as drug and alcohol abuse. Parents likely won’t want to encourage their kids to hang out with these kinds of Neighbors.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Neighbors.
Zac Efron’s bad-boy character here is a far cry from the over-achieving teen he played in High School Musical (and the sequels High School Musical 2 and High School Musical 3 - Senior Year). One of Seth Rogen’s few family-friendly performances can be seen in The Guilt Trip.
News & Views About Neighbors:
2015 Critics Choice AwardsOn January 15, 2015, the members of the Broadcast Film Critics Association (which includes our Rod Gustafson) had their say about the best movies released in 2014. The winners were announced at the Critics Choice Movie Awards (CCMAs). These awards are decided by over 300 broadcast film critics in the US and Canada. Unlike ...
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Neighbors...
Neighbors releases to home video on September 23, 2014.