The Master Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Master rated R? The Master is rated R by the MPAA for sexual content, graphic nudity and language
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of mild violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Detailed female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Portrayals of sexual activity with breast and buttock nudity shown..
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, ethno-cultural slurs, and sexual language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol abuse.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for The Master after the break...
News About "The Master"
Cast and Crew
The Master is directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and stars Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, Jesse Plemons.
The most recent home video release of The Master movie is February 25, 2013. Here are some details…
The Master releases to home video on February 26, 2013 with the following extras:
- Back Beyond” Outtakes - Additional Scenes Music by Jonny Greenwood (20 min)
- “Unguided Message” - 8 Minute Short
- Behind the Scenes Featurette
- Teasers and Trailers
- “Let There Be Light” (1946) - John Huston’s landmark documentary about WWII veterans (58 Minutes)