I, Tonya Parent Guide
Can't cut the competition.
Rating & Content Info
Why is I, Tonya rated R? I, Tonya is rated R by the MPAA for pervasive language, violence, and some sexual content/nudityViolence:
- Frequent non-explicit violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, most in a domestic context, some involving children.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood, tissue damage, detail, and impact.
- Portrayal of a sexual assault, with some detail and no nudity.
- Some grotesque images.
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
- Sexual references, language and innuendo.
- Nudity in a sexual situation.
- Non-sexual nudity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
Approximately 190 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, some in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Developmental and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use.
Page last updated February 14, 2018
More parents' guide for I, Tonya after the break...
News About "I, Tonya"
The tale of Tonya Harding ought to be one about the tenacity of the human spirit. Born in a humble home and raised in a dysfunctional family, she tackled the challenges of becoming a figure skater. She won several competitions that qualified her to participate in the Olympic games. And she was the first woman to land a triple axel.
But instead of being inspirational, her career took a tragic turn when she was implicated in the planning of a physical attack on her fellow competitor, Nancy Kerrigan.
In the movie, Margot Robbie stars as Tonya Harding. Her ex-husband and co-conspirator, Jeff Gillooly, is played by Sebastian Stan. And Allison Janney takes on the role of her aggressive mother, Latona Golden. Despite the seriousness of the situation, the screenplay (written by Steven Rogers and Craig Gillespie) tells her story with dark humor.
Cast and Crew
I, Tonya is directed by Craig Gillespie and stars Margot Robbie, Sebastian Stan, Allison Janney.
The most recent home video release of I, Tonya movie is March 13, 2018. Here are some details…
I, Tonya releases to home video (Blu-ray) on March 13, 2018.
Bonus features include:
- Audio Commentary with Director Craig Gillespie
- Deleted Scenes
- Behind the Scenes Featurette
- Original Trailers