Hostiles Parent Guide
Aggressor or victim?
Rating & Content Info
Why is Hostiles rated R? Hostiles is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence, and language.Violence:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, with blood and some brutal detail.
- Several scenes depicting injury, and physical assault.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting or disturbing scenes
- Sexual references.
Approximately 14 instances of coarse language, including:
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated January 19, 2018
More parents' guide for Hostiles after the break...
News About "Hostiles"
Hostiles opens in a limited release on January 19, 2018. It expands its release on January 26, 2018.
Cast and Crew
Hostiles is directed by Scott Cooper and stars Christian Bale, Scott Shepherd, Rosamund Pike, Ava Cooper.