Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
After surviving a plane crash, an Alaskan oil drilling team feels lucky. But not so much so when they realize their continued well-being depends on weathering the elements and outwitting a pack of aggressive wolves.
Why Is The Grey Rated R?
The Grey is rated R for violence/disturbing content including bloody images, and for pervasive language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Grey...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with details and blood.
- Depictions of fighting, shooting and mauling.
- Portrayal of a plane crash and a drowning;.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and animal violence, with blood and wound detail shown.
-Frequent portrayals of violent death, with blood and detail shown.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Detailed upsetting and/or disturbing scenes.
- Sexual references and crude sexual expressions.
- Infrequent embracing and kissing.
- Approximately 237 instances of coarse language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context,
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and cursing,
- Infrequent use of developmental, ethno-cultural, and sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Grey.
After their father goes down in his plane, a couple of kids decide to search the frozen wilderness themselves in Alaska. Other characters that struggle to survive in cold conditions are featured in the films: The Day After Tomorrow (also featuring scary wolves), Eight Below (where canines are the heroes), Defiance (in this case people are the evil enemy) and Everest (a simple depiction of man versus nature).
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About The Grey:
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Grey...
The Grey releases to home video on May 15, 2012.