Game Night Parent Guide
It's all fun and games until somebody gets shot.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Game Night rated R? Game Night is rated R by the MPAA for language, sexual references and some violence.Violence:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Several scenes of violence depicting physical assault and injury.
- Portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a comic context, with some blood and detail.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Some grotesque images in a comedic context.
- Depiction of surgery.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 100 instances of coarse language:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use in a recreational context.
Page last updated May 22, 2018
More parents' guide for Game Night after the break...
News About "Game Night"
From the Studio: Bateman and McAdams star as Max and Annie, whose weekly couples game night gets kicked up a notch when Max’s charismatic brother, Brooks (Kyle Chandler), arranges a murder mystery party, complete with fake thugs and faux federal agents. So, when Brooks gets kidnapped, it’s all part of the game…right? But as the six uber-competitive gamers set out to solve the case and win, they begin to discover that neither this game—nor Brooks—are what they seem to be. Over the course of one chaotic night, the friends find themselves increasingly in over their heads as each twist leads to another unexpected turn. With no rules, no points, and no idea who all the players are, this could turn out to be the most fun they’ve ever had…or, it’s game over. - Warner Brothers
Cast and Crew
Game Night is directed by John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein and stars Jesse Plemons, Rachel McAdams, Jason Bateman .
The most recent home video release of Game Night movie is May 22, 2018. Here are some details…
Game Night releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following extras:
- An Unforgettable Evening: Making Game Night - Featurette
- Gag Reel