The Disaster Artist Parent Guide
So bad -- it's good.
The Disaster Artist
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Disaster Artist rated R? The Disaster Artist is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout and some sexuality/nudityViolence:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and gun violence in a theatrical context, with no blood or detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Nudity in a brief sexual situation
- Two scenes of nudity, depicting buttocks, breasts and pubic region, in non-sexual contexts.
- Sexually suggestive scene depicting nude buttocks.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Scene depicting sexual content;
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity in a theatrical context, with buttock nudity and some detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references, language and innuendo.
- Implied sexual activity.
Approximately 95 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context.
Page last updated February 14, 2018
More parents' guide for The Disaster Artist after the break...
News About "The Disaster Artist"
This movie is based on the book The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made, by Greg Sestero and Tom Bissell.
The film depicts the crazy antics that went on while Tommy Wiseau wrote, directed, produced and acted in the indie movie The Room in 2003. The plot follows a man named Johnny who's discovers his girlfriend has been cheating on him with his best friend Mark. Rated by the MPPA as "R for sexuality, language and brief violence", the production is considered a great example of a terrible movie. It has gone on to find a cult following.
Learn more about the mysterious Tommy Wiseau and his film The Room. Wiseau makes an appearance in this movie, The Disaster Artist as the character Henry.
Cast and Crew
The Disaster Artist is directed by James Franco and stars James Franco, Dave Franco.
The most recent home video release of The Disaster Artist movie is March 13, 2018. Here are some details…
The Disaster Artist releases to home video (Blu-ray) on March 13, 2018.
Bonus features include:
- Audio Commentary with James Franco, Dave Franco, Tommy Wiseau, Greg Sestero, and More
- Featurette: Oh, Hi Mark!: Making a Disaster
- Featurette: Directing a Disaster
- Featurette: Just a Guy Leaning on a Wall: Getting to Know Tommy
- Gag Reel
- Theatrical Trailer