Pad Man Parent Guide
An unappreciated hero.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Pad Man rated PG-13? Pad Man is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for thematic material.Violence:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of injury, with some blood and little detail.
- Some gory and grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten young children.
- Infrequent embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context.
Page last updated September 4, 2018
News About "Pad Man"
The movie Pad Man is also known as Padman. It is opening in limited theaters on February 9, 2018.
Pad Man's real name is Arunachalam Muruganantham. It was't until after he married that he discovered the challenges and health risks faced by menstruating women in his country. Hoping to bring awareness to the situation, as well as educating women on safer hygiene practices, he set out make an economical sanitary napkin -- and to convince Indian women to use them. But in a country where even females seldom talk of such private matters, he faced an uphill battle. (His unusual experiments to make the perfect pad did't help either.) This movie looks at his persistence and sacrifice to improve conditions in his country.
Cast and Crew
Pad Man is directed by R. Balki and stars AAkshay Kumar, Radhika Apte, Sonam Kapoor.