Obvious Child Parent Guide
An unplanned pregnancy is no laughing matter.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Obvious Child rated R? Obvious Child is rated R by the MPAA for language and sexual content.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent, sometimes detailed sexual references and innuendo.
- References to crude bodily functions.
- Embracing and kissing
- Discussion of unwed pregnancy and abortion.
Approximately 70 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol abuse.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "Obvious Child"
More About The Movie: Based on the short film written by Anna Bean, Karen Maine, and Gillian Robespierre.
From the Studio: For aspiring comedian Donna Stern, everyday life as a female twenty-something provides ample material for her hysterical and relatable brand of humor. On stage, Donna is unapologetically herself, joking about topics as intimate as her sex life and as crude as her day-old underwear. But when Donna winds up unexpectedly pregnant after a one-night stand, she is forced to face the uncomfortable realities of independent womanhood for the first time. Donna's drunken hookup - and epic lapse in prophylactic judgment - turns out to be the beginning of a hilarious and totally unplanned journey of self-discovery and empowerment. Written by A24 Films
Cast and Crew
Obvious Child is directed by Gillian Robespierre and stars Jenny Slate, Jake Lacy, Gaby Hoffmann .
The most recent home video release of Obvious Child movie is October 7, 2014. Here are some details…Home Video Notes: Obvious Child
Release Date: 7 October 2014
Obvious Child releases to home video with the following extras:
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Gillian Robespierre, Producer/Co-Writer Elisabeth Holm and Actress Jenny Slate
- "The Making of Obvious Child" featurette
- Extended Scenes
- "Obvious Child" Short Film
- Ultraviolet Digital HD Copy