It Parent Guide
He's not clowning around.
Rating & Content Info
Why is It rated R? It is rated R by the MPAA for violence/horror, bloody images, and for language.Violence:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief, visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Frequent depictions of weapons use, physical assault, hand-to-hand violence, dismemberment and injury.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of frightening monsters, transformations, and nightmarish imagery with blood and some gory detail.
- Several frightening scenes depicting supernatural beings.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Vulgar expressions.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 85 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity.
- Infrequent use of developmental and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco use.
Page last updated January 9, 2018
News About "It"
Based on a novel by horror author Stephen King, the story It, follows a group of youngsters who are trying to track down the evil villain behind the disappearance of some children in their small town.
A sinister clown is at the center of this nightmare. The script plans to break the tale into two parts. The first covers the time when the kids set out to stop the killer, and is set in the 1980s. The sequel (that does not have a release date as yet) will reunite the group as adults in the present day, when they set out on a second clown hunt.
This thriller has been adapted to the screen before, as a TV series.
Cast and Crew
It is directed by Andrés Muschietti and stars Bill Skarsgård, Jaeden Lieberher, Finn Wolfhard.
The most recent home video release of It movie is January 9, 2018. Here are some details…
The 2017 version of Stephen King’s It releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) on January 9,2018. Special features include:
- -Pennywise Lives! – Discover how Bill Skarsgård prepared to portray the primordial creature known as Pennywise the Dancing Clown
- The Losers’ Club – Get up close and personal with the teenage stars of “IT” as they bond together during the production,
- Author of Fear – Stephen King reveals the roots of his best-selling novel, the nature of childhood fear and how he created his most famous monster, Pennywise
- Deleted Scenes – Eleven deleted or extended scenes from the film