Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Seth MacFarlane, creator of the TV series Family Guy, brings his brash humor to the big screen. In this live action/CG-animated mix, he fills the roles of writer and director as well as the voice of Ted, a plush toy that refuses to detach from his now-grown human companion John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg).
Why Is Ted Rated R?
Ted is rated R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, and some drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Ted...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, with a little blood and some detail shown.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
-Disturbing and offensive scenes.
- Frequent use of detailed crude and sexual language.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- One portrayal of breast nudity and one portrayal of buttock nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied and simulated sexual activity.
- Infrequent portrayals of and references to crude bodily functions.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural, sexual, and developmental slurs and derogatory language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of and detailed references to illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Ted.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Ted...
Ted releases to home video on December 11, 2012.