Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Crime novelist Ellison (Ethan Hawke) finds his work merging with his home life when he discovers some film footage of the murder of the family that formerly occupied his house. While his detective work may help explain the horrible tragedy, it also puts his own family at risk.
Why Is Sinister Rated R?
Sinister is rated R for disturbing violent images and some terror.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Sinister...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Several intense and suspenseful frightening scenes.
- Depictions of hanging, burning, drowning, throat-slitting and mutilation.
- Frequent explicit violence shown with realistic detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence (usually in a supernatural context), often involving children.
- Nightmarish imagery.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- May have an adverse psychological impact.
- Infrequent use of profanity and mild cursing.
- Embracing and kissing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Sinister.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Sinister...
Sinister releases to home video on February 19, 2013.