Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Riddick (Vin Diesel) has been left for dead one too many times. Deserted on an alien planet, the mercenary now battles strange predators and over-achiever bounty hunters... but it is these hunters, not the hunted, who should be afraid for their lives.
Why Is Riddick Rated R?
Riddick is rated R for strong violence, language and some sexual content/nudity.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Riddick...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Pervasive portrayals of gun, weapon and hand to hand violence, with blood, gore, and detailed wounds shown.
- Frequent depictions of fighting, shooting, stabbing, dismemberment and impalement.
- Explicit depiction of decapitation.
- Explicit gory/grotesque images.
- Detailed upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Two scenes of nudity (depicting breasts and pubic region), in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Partial or full nudity in a brief sexual situation.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- One instance of sexual language.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Frequent, sometimes aggressive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, sexual language, and sexual and developmental slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- References to drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Riddick.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Riddick...
Riddick releases to home video on January 14, 2014.