Molly’s Game Parent Guide
The stakes are high.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Molly’s Game rated R? Molly’s Game is rated R by the MPAA for language, drug content and some violence.Violence:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence and physical assault, with some blood and detail.
- Brief portrayal of a surgical procedure, with some blood and detail.
- Some grotesque images.
- Scenes that may frighten children.
- Sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 45 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Ethnocultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use
- Alcohol use
- Substance abuse and addiction.
- Drug use involving cannabis.
Page last updated April 10, 2018
News About "Molly’s Game"
This movie is based on the life of Molly Bloom, a former Olympic skier, who went on to make a career out of hosting poker games for big-stakes players. Among her regular guests were actors Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Affleck and Toby Maguire.
Her secret to success was keeping the games hush, hush, while luring in wealthy players with posh locations and pretty women. The plan was working well until some of the guests at her table turned into ugly. Eventually the FBI came knocking, and she, along with thirty others, were arrested for involvement with Russian-American organized-crime, illegal gambling and money laundering.
The movie Molly's Game is based on Bloom's memoir, and follows her court hearing and sentencing. Jessica Chasten takes on the role of the "poker princess" and Idris Elba plays her lawyer.
From the Studio:
Molly Bloom a beautiful, young, Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknownst to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned that there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led us to believe.
Written by STX Entertainment
Cast and Crew
Molly’s Game is directed by Aaron Sorkin and stars Jessica Chasten, Idris Elba, Kevin Costner, Michael Cera, Chris O'Dowd.
The most recent home video release of Molly’s Game movie is April 10, 2018. Here are some details…
Molly’s Game release to home video ( Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) on April 10, 2018, with one bonus feature:
- Building an Empire – Writer/Director Aaron Sorkin and star Jessica Chastain comment on Molly Bloom and her remarkable story.