Homefront Parent Guide
A widowed DEA agent finds anything but rest in his new hometown
Rating & Content Info
Why is Homefront rated R? Homefront is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence, pervasive language, drug content and brief sexuality.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Frequent depictions of fighting, beating, shooting and stabbing, with some blood and detail.
- Explicit torture.
- Gory images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Sexually suggestive scene with brief nudity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references.
Approximately 190 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in aggressive contexts and once in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of and references to illegal drug use and manufacture.
- Two scenes of drug use involving methamphetamine.
- Detailed substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated May 28, 2016
News About "Homefront"
Cast and Crew
Homefront is directed by Gary Fleder and stars James Franco, Jason Statham, Winona Ryder.
Author Chuck Logan has written a series of novels that feature the Phil Broker character. Although this is not Sylvester Stallone's first attempt at script writing, he is better know as an actor. He can be seen in the Rocky franchise.
The most recent home video release of Homefront movie is March 11, 2014. Here are some details…
Homefront releases to home video on March 11, 2014.