Release Date: 27 July 2012
Note: Formerly called Neighborhood Watch.
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Synopsis: When a group of suburban dads (Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill) decide to form a neighborhood watch group, they never suspect that they will end up defending their community from an alien attack.
Content Details: Beyond the Movie Ratings...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Explicit depiction of impalement.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting, evisceration and decapitation.
- Scene depicting several characters engaged in sexually suggestive activity.
- Breast nudityin a sexual context.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of crude and sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Approximately 47 instances of sexual language.
- Approximately 145 instances of coarse language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in sexual contexts.
- Excessive use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
- Two scenes of drug use involving marijuana.
- One portrayal of implied illegal and prescription drug use for recreational purposes – no detail.
Home Video Notes
The Watch comes to home video in a rated (theatrical) and unrated version on November 13, 2012.