When the Bough Breaks Parent Guide
One mother too many.
When the Bough Breaks
Rating & Content Info
Why is When the Bough Breaks rated PG-13? When the Bough Breaks is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for violence, sexuality/partial nudity, thematic elements, some disturbing images, and language.
- Portrayals of violence, including corpses, blood, and some detail.
- Depictions of injury and physical assault.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, sometimes in a domestic context.
- Depiction of violence involving animals.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Non-sexual nudity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with no nudity and some detail.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- References to drugs or tobacco use.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "When the Bough Breaks"
From the Studio: John and Laura Taylor (Morris Chestnut and Regina Hall) are a young, professional couple who desperately want a baby. After exhausting all other options, they finally hire Anna (Jaz Sinclair), the perfect woman to be their surrogate - but as she gets further along in her pregnancy, so too does her psychotic and dangerous fixation on the husband. The couple becomes caught up in Anna's deadly game and must fight to regain control of their future before it's too late. Written by Sony Pictures
Cast and Crew
When the Bough Breaks is directed by Jon Cassar and stars Morris Chestnut, Regina Hall, Theo Rossi.
The most recent home video release of When the Bough Breaks movie is December 27, 2016. Here are some details…
When the Bough Breaks releases to home video on December 27, 2016.