Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Perhaps the only thing worse than discovering your child had been killed in a shooting spree would be to learn your child was the person behind the trigger. Such is the distress of Eva (Tilda Swinton). So she begins writing letters to her estranged husband (John C. Reilly) in an attempt to come to terms with the horror committed by their son (Ezra Miller).
Why Is We Need to Talk About Kevin Rated R?
We Need to Talk About Kevin is rated R for disturbing violence and behavior, some sexuality and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in We Need to Talk About Kevin...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
-Brief explicit violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Infrequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and detail shown.
- Portrayals of corpses (including children),with some blood and detail shown.
- Disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with brief buttock and breast nudity shown.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innunedo.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Infrequent use of profanity, scatological slang, cursing, developmental slurs, and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of crude sexual language.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to We Need to Talk About Kevin.
Bowling for Columbine is an editorial film by Michael Moore that looks at gun violence. Tilda Swinton can also be seen in The Chronicles of Narnia, playing the White Witch. John C. Reilly is better known for comedic roles, such as his portrayal of Carl Naughton Jr. in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of We Need to Talk About Kevin...
We Need to Talk About Kevin is releasing to home video no May 29, 2012.