Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Kate Beckinsale is back, wielding weapons and threatening the human race, as she reprises her role of Selene, the vampire warrior.
Why Is Underworld: Awakening Rated R?
Underworld: Awakening is rated R for strong violence and gore, and for some language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Underworld: Awakening...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of explicit violence (including decapitation, mutilation and shooting).
- Frequent non-graphic violence (including shooting, fighting, stabbing, beating, mutilation and explosion).
- Frequent portrayals of creature, gun, and weapons violence, some involving children (with blood, gore, and wound details shown).
- Detailed disturbing and offensive scenes, which may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Frequent detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Limited embracing and kissing.
- Buttocks nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, and mild cursing.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Underworld: Awakening.
This film is the fourth in the series. The preceding three are: Underworld, Underworld: Evolution and Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. Kate Beckinsale appears in another vampire flick, Van Helsing. And she plays a mere mortal in the family drama Everybody’s Fine.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Underworld: Awakening...
Underworld: Awakenings releases to home video on May 8, 2012>