Check Our Content Info...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Just because Simon (James McAvoy) can't remember the details of the thief of a painting, doesn't mean he isn't in trouble with the other criminals involved in the robbery. He hopes the skill of a hypnotherapist (Rosario Dawson) will jog his memory and save his life.
Why Is Trance Rated R?
Trance is rated R for sexual content, graphic nudity, violence, some grisly images, and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Trance...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief visually explicit violence.
- Depictions of beating, fighting, shooting, choking and mutilation.
- Domestic violence, with blood, brutality, and some detailed wounds shown.
- Prolonged and graphic portrayal of torture and brutality (suffering and blood shown).
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with breast nudity and some detail shown.
- Infrequent male buttock and female frontal nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia) in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual innuendo and references.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of profanity
Alcohol / Drug Use:
,p>- -References to drugs, alcohol or tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Trance.
James McAvoy appears in other movies including X-Men: First Class, The Conspirator and The Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Hypnotherapy is used to help a mentally ill patient who thinks he’s an alien in K-PAX.