It is a toy's worst nightmare to be discarded by his or her owner (as we learned in Toy Story 2). And Woody and Buzz Lightyear (voices of Tom Hanks and Tim Allen) are about to go through this rude awakening when a college-aged Andy heads off to school and the pair, along with the rest of his playthings, are donated to a day care center.
Why Is Toy Story 3 Rated G?
Toy Story 3 is rated G
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Toy Story 3...
Violence: There are many perilous scenes in this film while the toy characters are locked in a daycare that is more akin to a prison. Children aggressively play with them and knock them apart. Battered and bruised, they spend the night trying to escape, depicted in dark scenes with scary music. Some characters are frightening looking, including an evil cymbal-clapping monkey and a large baby doll with one broken eye. Later, at a landfill, characters are about to be shredded and then burned, creating a very intense scene. Separation between characters may also be emotionally troubling for young children. An opening sequence features characters trying to save a runaway train headed for a bridge that has been bombed.
Sexual Content: A couple of vague sexual references are heard. A male character is seen without a shirt.
Language: The word "butt" is heard. A character makes a vague scatological remark.
Drugs/Alcohol: Nothing noted.
Other Content: Characters are gambling in one scene.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Toy Story 3.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About Toy Story 3:
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: G
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Toy Story 3...
Home Video Notes: Toy Story 3: 3D
Release Date: 1 November 2011
Toy Story 3 releases in 3D on November 1, 2011. The package includes 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, and Standard DVD Versions of the Feature Film
Home Video Notes: Toy Story Trilogy
Release Date: 1 November 2011
All three Toy Story movies are releasing together on November 1, 2011. The Toy Story Trilogy (in either Blu-ray, or 3D Blu-ray) comes with the following:
- Toy Story (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Disneyfile Digital Copy)
- Toy Story 2 (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Disneyfile Digital Copy)
- Toy Story 3 (2-Disc Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Disneyfile Digital Copy)
The Toy Story 3D Trilogy also includes 3D Blu-ray copies of each of the feature films.
Toy Story 3 releases to home video on November 2, 2010. The movie will be available in DVD, Blu-ray and as a DVD/Blu-ray combo pack.
Toy Story 3 on DVD offers:
- Cars 2 Teaser Trailer
- Day And Night Theatrical Short
- Bonus: The Gang’s All Here, Toys! Epilogue
- Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science Of Adventure (with NASA)
- Paths To Pixar: Editorial
- Studio Stories: Where’s Gordon, Cereal Bar and Clean Start
- A Toy’s Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land
- Alex Syntek (Mexican Music Video for Youve Got a Friend in Me)
Toy Story 3 on Blu-ray includes:
- Cine-explore by director Lee Unkrich and producer Darla K. Anderson
- Beyond The Toybox Commentary Track
- Beginnings with Michael Arndt
- Bonnie’s Playtime A Story Roundtable
- Roundin’ Up A Western Opening
- Goodbye Andy
- The Accidental Toymakers Of Pixar
- Life Of A Short
- Making of Day & Night
- Ken’s Dating Tips & Lotso Commercials
- Dancing With The Stars at Pixar
- Game: Toy Story Trivia Dash
Toy Story 3 is also available in a Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy package:
This set contains all of the extra features available with the DVD and Blu-ray versions, plus DVD, Blu-ray and Digital copies of the feature film.