The Thing Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Thing rated R? The Thing is rated R by the MPAA for strong creature violence and gore, disturbing images, and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence, with blood and tissue damage shown.
- Violent acts depicted in a realistic manner with details and extreme brutality.
- Frequent portrayals of creature, gun, and weapons violence, with blood, gore and detail.
- Frequent nightmarish and frightening images, often in a transformation context, with blood, gore and detail.
- Several scenes of explicit violence depicting mutilation, impalement, dismemberment and burning.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Frequent gory and grotesque images.
- Mild sexual language and references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions; .
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "The Thing"
Cast and Crew
The Thing is directed by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr. and stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Joel Edgerton, Ulrich Thomsen.
The most recent home video release of The Thing movie is January 31, 2012. Here are some details…
The Thing releases to home video on January 31, 2012.