The Girl on the Train Parent Guide
Real or imagined?
The Girl on the Train
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Girl on the Train rated R? The Girl on the Train is rated R by the MPAA for violence, sexual content, language and nudity
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, with some blood and little detail.
- Depictions of injury and physical assault.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Female frontal nudity is seen in a non-sexual context.
- Buttock nudity in sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity, with some detail.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 65 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, many times in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for The Girl on the Train after the break...
News About "The Girl on the Train"
Cast and Crew
The Girl on the Train is directed by Tate Taylor and stars Emily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson.
The most recent home video release of The Girl on the Train movie is January 17, 2017. Here are some details…
The Girl on the Train releases to home video on January 17, 2017.