Thank You For Your Service Parent Guide
The ghosts of war still haunt.
Thank You For Your Service
Rating & Content Info
Why is Thank You For Your Service rated R? Thank You For Your Service is rated R by the MPAA for strong violent content, language throughout, some sexuality, drug material and brief nudity.Violence:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence, with blood and detail.
- Portrayals of gun and weapons violence, most in a war context, some involving animals.
- Several depictions of weapons use physical assault and injury.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Scene of nudity, depicting buttocks, in a non-sexual context.
- Sexual references, language and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity with some detail.
Approximately 140 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, sexual slurs, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol use.
- Tobacco use.
- Prescription and illegal drug use in a recreational context.
Page last updated October 18, 2017
More parents' guide for Thank You For Your Service after the break...
News About "Thank You For Your Service"
Returning soldiers in this movie find themselves facing many challenges while trying to pick up their former lives. This is a real issue for many former military personnel who face PTS D: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
This movie ids based on a book written by David Finked. In it he recounts the challenges of coming home -- a place that has become more and more abstract during the time of a soldier's service.
Frankel writes his story from his eyewitness experience as a journalist who was embedded with those serving the 2-16 Infantry Battalion during the infamous, "surge", which he describes as "a grueling that changed them all forever."
Cast and Crew
Thank You For Your Service is directed by Jason Hall and stars Haley Bennett, Miles Teller, Amy Schumer.