Tag Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Tag rated R? Tag is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout, crude sexual content, drug use and brief nudity.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence in a slapstick context, with no blood and little detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Nudity (depicting buttocks and/or pubic region) in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with some detail and no nudity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 130 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and crude sexual language.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and drug use in a recreational context.
- Several scenes of drug use involving cannabis.
Page last updated June 14, 2018
More parents' guide for Tag after the break...
News About "Tag"
Tag was formerly called The Tag Brothers.
Tag the movie is based on a true story of a group of high school friends who have been playing the game for over two decades.
Cast and Crew
Tag is directed by Jeff Tomsic and stars Jeremy Renner, Jon Hamm, Ed Helms, Jake Johnson, Hannibal Buressgo.