Check Our Content Info...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
In this very gory zombie flick, a group of National Guardsmen attempts to hide from the marauding undead, but instead find themselves in the middle of the conflict.
Why Is Survival of the Dead Rated R?
Survival of the Dead is rated R for strong zombie violence/gore, language and brief sexuality.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Survival of the Dead...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Pervasive violence, including gun and weapon use, as well as hand-to-hand combat.
- Explicit portrayals of violence including detailed gory, grotesque and bloody images.
- Depictions of mutilation, disembowelment, shooting, stabbing, fighting and explosions
- Use of sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Implied sexual activity (no nudity but some detail shown).
Approximately 52 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Coarse language
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Survival of the Dead.
Zombie movies are invading theaters as of late. Most are rated R by the MPAA (like Zombieland), yet there are a few in this genre that are a little more thriller and a little less gore, such as The Invasion and I Am Legend.