Straight Outta Compton Parent Guide
Is it art -- or just a way to glamorize gang culture?
Straight Outta Compton
Rating & Content Info
Why is Straight Outta Compton rated R? Straight Outta Compton is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout, strong sexuality/nudity, violence, and drug use.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of fighting, beating and rioting.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, with little detail.
- Occasional upsetting or disturbing scenes.
-Nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region), shown in sexual and non-sexual contexts;
- Infrequent portrayals of implied sexual activity, with brief breast nudity and little detail.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content
- Embracing and kissing
Approximately 660 instances of coarse language.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Pervasive use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, and ethno-cultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Two scenes of drug use involving marijuana.
- Substance abuse.
- Alcohol use.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "Straight Outta Compton"
Note: O'Shea Jackson Jr., who plays Ice Cube in the movie, is actually the son of the famous rapper.
From The Studio: In 1987, five young men, using brutally honest rhymes and hardcore beats, put their frustration and anger about life in the most dangerous place in America into the most powerful weapon they had: their music. Taking us back to where it all began, Straight Outta Compton tells the true story of how these cultural rebels-armed only with their lyrics, swagger, bravado and raw talent-stood up to the authorities that meant to keep them down and formed the world's most dangerous group, N.W.A. And as they spoke the truth that no one had before and exposed life in the hood, their voice ignited a social revolution that is still reverberating today. Written by Universal Pictures.
Cast and Crew
Straight Outta Compton is directed by F. Gary Gray and stars O'Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins, Jason Mitchell, Aldis Hodge, Neil Brown Jr..
The most recent home video release of Straight Outta Compton movie is January 19, 2016. Here are some details…
Straight Otta Compton releases to home video on January 19, 2016.