This Movie Is In Limited Release
This movie is currently in limited release. Therefore we may not be able to offer a full review on its release date. In the meantime, please check the Content Details section below to find out what you can expect in this film
Bill Murray plays a vulgar, self-absorbed war vet who inexplicably befriends his young neighbor, a boy struggling to find his place in the world after his parents' recent divorce.
Why Is St. Vincent Rated PG-13?
St. Vincent is rated PG-13 for mature thematic material including sexual content, alcohol and tobacco use, and for language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in St. Vincent...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, most in a bullying context, with some blood and detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of injuries, with some blood and little detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Implied sexual activity, with no nudity and some detail.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions, sometimes in an aggressive context.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, and developmental slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent and detailed portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in an addiction context.
Extra info about this movie
St. Vincent is opening in limited release. we will not be able to review it until it opens in our area—around October 24, 2014.
Also Known As: St. Vincent De Van Nuys
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to St. Vincent.
A boy from a broken family finds a friend in an elderly man who moves in upstairs in Hearts In Atlantis. A washed-up, former writer wants to be left alone, but that’s not likely to happen after he’s been discovered by the children of the single mother living next door, in the movie The Magic of Belle Isle. In an attempt to get away from his mother’s new boyfriend, a young boy starts hanging out at a water park where he unexpectedly finds acceptance from the owner in The Way Way Back.