Snowpiercer Parent Guide
Going nowhere fast.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Snowpiercer rated R? Snowpiercer is rated R by the MPAA for violence, language and drug contentThis additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, stabbing, shooting, burning, impalement and explosion.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, hand-to-hand, and weapons violence (sometimes involving children).
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Mild sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 60 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, mild profanity, and cursing.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "Snowpiercer"
This film is based on the graphic novel Le Transperceneige by Jacques Lob, Benjamin Legrand, and Jean-Marc Rochette.
Cast and Crew
Snowpiercer is directed by Joon-ho Bong and stars Chris Evans, Jamie Bell, Tilda Swinton.
The most recent home video release of Snowpiercer movie is October 20, 2014. Here are some details…Home Video Notes: Snowpiercer
Release Date: 20 October 2014
Snowpiercer releases to home video (Blu-ray) with the following extras:
- Critics' Commentary Hosted By Scott Weinberg
- The Train Brought To Life: Behind The Scenes Of A Special Screening
- 'Transperceneige': From The Blank Page To The Black Screen
- The Birth Of Snowpiercer
- The Characters
- Animated Prologue
- Concept Art Galleries
- Chris Evans & Tilda Swinton On Snowpiercer