Snowpiercer Parent Guide
Going nowhere fast.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Snowpiercer rated R? Snowpiercer is rated R by the MPAA for violence, language and drug contentThis additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, stabbing, shooting, burning, impalement and explosion.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, hand-to-hand, and weapons violence (sometimes involving children).
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Mild sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 60 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, mild profanity, and cursing.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Snowpiercer after the break...
News About "Snowpiercer"
This film is based on the graphic novel Le Transperceneige by Jacques Lob, Benjamin Legrand, and Jean-Marc Rochette.
Cast and Crew
Snowpiercer is directed by Joon-ho Bong and stars Chris Evans, Jamie Bell, Tilda Swinton.
The most recent home video release of Snowpiercer movie is October 20, 2014. Here are some details…Home Video Notes: Snowpiercer
Release Date: 20 October 2014
Snowpiercer releases to home video (Blu-ray) with the following extras:
- Critics' Commentary Hosted By Scott Weinberg
- The Train Brought To Life: Behind The Scenes Of A Special Screening
- 'Transperceneige': From The Blank Page To The Black Screen
- The Birth Of Snowpiercer
- The Characters
- Animated Prologue
- Concept Art Galleries
- Chris Evans & Tilda Swinton On Snowpiercer