Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Set in 1962, A Single Man follows a single day in the life of an English professor (Colin Firth), who is trying to find meaning in his life after the death of his lover Jim (Matthew Goode).
Why Is A Single Man Rated R?
A Single Man is rated R for some disturbing images and nudity/sexual content.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in A Single Man...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Brief portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Portrayal of a corpse (some blood and detail shown).
- Portrayal of attempted suicide.
- Infrequent use of sexual language.
- Mild sexual references.
- Frequent buttock nudity shown in non-sexual contexts.
- Implied portrayal of a bodily function.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, vulgar expressions and slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco and alcohol use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to A Single Man.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: PG
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of A Single Man...
A Single Man releases to DVD and Blu-ray on July 6, 2010.