Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
She may have been worried about her sanity before, but after Emily Taylor (Rooney Mara) takes a drug prescribed by her physiologist (Jude Law) her reality truly spirals out of control.
Why Is Side Effects Rated R?
Side Effects is rated R for sexuality, nudity, violence and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Side Effects...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons violence with some blood and little detail.
- Depictions of stabbing, slapping and electrocution.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity that include breast nudity, female frontal nudity and some detail .
- Implied and simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, sexual references, and mild cursing.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Prescription drug use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Side Effects.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Side Effects...
Side Effects will release to home video on May 21, 2013.