The Sessions Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Sessions rated R? The Sessions is rated R by the MPAA for strong sexuality including graphic nudity and frank dialogue.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Frequent use of explicit sexual language and descriptive sexual references, often in a clinical context.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity in a therapeutic context (with breast and buttock nudity, and female frontal nudity shown.)
- Implied sexual activity.
- Depictions of nude breasts, buttocks and pubic regions in a sexual situation.
- Full frontal nudity in a sexual situation.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and slurs.
- Approximately 61 instances of sexual language.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- References to drugs, alcohol or tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for The Sessions after the break...
News About "The Sessions"
For further information about the real Mark O'Brien, check these sources: New York Times article at the time of his death in 1999. An article on Salon.com that speaks about his life including briefly discussing his sexual surrogate.
Cast and Crew
The Sessions is directed by Ben Lewin and stars John Hawkes, Helen Hunt, William H. Macy, Moon Bloodgood.
The most recent home video release of The Sessions movie is February 11, 2013. Here are some details…
The Sessions releases to home video on February 12, 2013.