Serenity Parent Guide
Til death do us part.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Serenity rated R? Serenity is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout, sexual content, and some bloody images
- Several scenes of violence depicting weapons, injury and/or physical assault;
- Theme of domestic violence
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity
- Infrequent buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references
- Approximately 120 instances of coarse language
- Frequent, sometimes aggressive use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context
- Frequent use of cursing and profanity; infrequent use of cursing and profanity
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, and developmental slurs
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
Page last updated January 19, 2019
Read books about Serenity
Shakespeare’s Macbeth is the iconic tale of a man who commits murder at the urging of his wife.
News About "Serenity"
Cast and Crew
Serenity is directed by Steven Knight and stars Anne Hathaway, Matthew McConaughey, and Diane Lane.
Related home video titles:
In the darkly comic Throw Momma from the Train, Danny De Vito and Billy Crystal make a deal to kill each other’s annoying relatives.
In Alfred Hitchcock’s Dial M for Murder, a betrayed husband arranges the murder of his wife.
Safe Haven tells the story of a woman on the run from an abusive partner.