Serena Parent Guide
Behind every great man is a greater woman.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Serena rated R? Serena is rated R by the MPAA for some violence and sexuality.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-explicit violence.
- Brief explicit violence shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence (sometimes in an accidental or medical context) with some blood and detail.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, slicing, dismemberment and/or burning.
- Scenes containing some grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Implied sexual activity, with no nudity and some detail.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Infrequent use of profanity and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco use, in a historic context.
- Alcohol abuse.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Serena after the break...
News About "Serena"
NOTE: Serena is available on Video-On-Demand on February 26, 2015. It releases in theaters on March 27, 2015.
From the Studio: The film follows newlyweds George (Cooper) and Serena Pemberton (Lawrence) who travel from Boston to the mountains of North Carolina where they begin to build a timber empire in 1929. Serena soon shows herself to be the equal of any man: overseeing crews, hunting rattle-snakes, even saving a man’s life in the wilderness. Together, this king and queen rule their dominion, killing or vanquishing all who stand in the way of their ambitions. But when Serena learns that she can never bear a child, she sets out to murder the woman who bore George a son before his marriage. And when she starts to suspect that George is protecting his illegitimate family, the Pembertons’ intense, passionate marriage begins to unravel as the story moves toward its shocking reckoning. - Magnolia pictures
Cast and Crew
Serena is directed by Susanne Bier and stars Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Rhys Ifans.
The most recent home video release of Serena movie is June 9, 2015. Here are some details…Serena releases to home video on June 9, 2015.
Related home video titles:
Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence starred together in The Silver Linings Playbook (rated R by the MPAA). Jennifer Lawrence plays another powerful female in The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 .