Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
When a Mexican drug cartel moves into their California town, Ben (Aaron Johnson) and Chon (Taylor Kitsch) find their lucrative grass-roots grow-op attracting undesirable attention. And to force the pair to either join their ranks or get out of the marijuana business, the drug lords (Salma Hayek and Benicio Del Toro) kidnap the local boys' shared girlfriend (Blake Lively).
Why Is Savages Rated R?
Savages is rated R for strong brutal and grisly violence, some graphic sexuality, nudity, drug use and language throughout.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Savages...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Frequent, visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Explicit depiction of shooting.
- Depictions of beating, stabbing, shooting, burning, whipping and explosion.
- Sexual violence.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images including blood and detailed wounds.
- Frequent upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Buttocks nudity seen in sexual situations.
- Breast nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Approximately 139 instances of coarse language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive contexts.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang.
- Ethno-cultural slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Detailed and graphic portrayals of alcohol and substance abuse.
- Ten scenes of drug use involving marijuana and cocaine.
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Savages.
A younger Aaron Johnson can be seen in The Thief Lord. Taylor Kitsch appears as the title character in John Carter. And Blake Lively starred as a more innocent role in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and its sequel.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Savages...
Savages releases to home video on November 13, 2012.