The Runaways Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Runaways rated R? The Runaways is rated R by the MPAA for language, drug use and sexual content - all involving teens.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
Violence:- Brief portrayals of graphic violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Frequent disturbing and offensive scenes.
- Breast and buttock nudity seen in a sexual situations.
- Breast and buttock nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Brief simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations once in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of use of illegal drugs for recreational purposes.
- Frequent use of alcohol and tobacco products by minors.
Page last updated July 19, 2016
More parents' guide for The Runaways after the break...
News About "The Runaways"
Cast and Crew
The Runaways is directed by Floria Sigismondi and stars Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning, Michael Shannon.
The most recent home video release of The Runaways movie is July 20, 2010. Here are some details…
The Runaways releases to DVD and Blu-ray on July 20, 2010.
Related home video titles:
Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning also star together in Twilight Saga: The New Moon. Kristen Stewart, who plays Joan Jett, is best known for as Bella in the Twilight franchise. Dakota Fanning, who takes the role of Cherie Currie, has been in the movie business most of her life. Look for her in the family friendly films Charlotte’s Web and Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story.