Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Based on the experiences of the rock-and-roll band, The Runaways, this dramatized account follows teenagers Joan Jett (Kristen Stewart) and Cherie Currie (Dakota Fanning) as they determine to break into the male-dominated music world of the 1970s.
Why Is The Runaways Rated R?
The Runaways is rated R for language, drug use and sexual content - all involving teens.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Runaways...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
Violence:- Brief portrayals of graphic violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Frequent disturbing and offensive scenes.
- Breast and buttock nudity seen in a sexual situations.
- Breast and buttock nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Brief simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations once in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of use of illegal drugs for recreational purposes.
- Frequent use of alcohol and tobacco products by minors.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Runaways.
Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning also star together in Twilight Saga: The New Moon. Kristen Stewart, who plays Joan Jett, is best known for as Bella in the Twilight franchise. Dakota Fanning, who takes the role of Cherie Currie, has been in the movie business most of her life. Look for her in the family friendly films Charlotte’s Web and Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Runaways...
The Runaways releases to DVD and Blu-ray on July 20, 2010.