Making the Grades
Because we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
In this prequel to the movies Underworld and Underworld Evolutions, the begining of the feud between the Death Dealers (an aristocratic group of vampires) and the Lycans (who were kept as slaves) is revealed. In an attempt to break free of the oppression of the Death Dealers’ king (Bill Nighy), a Lycan named Lucian (Michael Sheen) raises a rebellion and invites the werewolves to join in the battle.
Director: Patrick Tatopoulos
Cast: Rhona Mitra, Michael Sheen, Bill Nighy
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of graphic violence, including detailed gory images.
- Portrayals of visually explicit violence depicting throat slitting, decapitation, dismemberment and impalement.
- Depictions of fistfights, whippings and mutilated corpses;
- Pervasive use of weapons (some bloody wounds shown).
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Sexually suggestive scene—sexual activity implied.
Of Special Note:
We have not reviewed Underworld or Underworld Evolutions.
Home Video Notes: Underworld: Rise of the Lycans releases to DVD and Blu-ray on May 12, 2009.